Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2005

Getting My Poop in a Group

Isn't it time? I mean, all of these years without being organized and prepared. Do you all have your s#&t together? A friend of mine just told me another friend of hers died unexpectedly at the age of 46, leaving a young teenaged daughter and no will or life insurance. Tsunamis, hurricanes, floods. Illness, accidents, being a victim of a crime. You never know what is going to happen and some people I know laugh at the thought of not being prepared for such an event, saying "I won't be here to care, so what is the problem". Okay, Jim says that, but I know he doesn't really mean it. We take so much for granted and let the hours and days slip away. What does it take to get things in order so you don't jeopardize the future of the ones you love? Okay, so what is on the list? Will, Trust...a good place to focus. Life insurance is already in place, so that is a great start. Now, let's get healthy and have checkups! Jim has a full physical scheduled for Tuesday. So, I guess we will address the things we can control and hope that we are ready when and if the unexpected happens.

1 comment:

CrazyUncle said...

If your life insurance is through your employer, remember that it may not be available or as cost effective if you are fired or choose to leave. And even a hand-written and witnessed will is better than nothing...just in case. And a master's degree is worth whatever it adds to your self-worth and knowledge.