Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Awesome Concert



Jim and I took Dean and Jan to the REO Speedwagon and Styx concert at AMA tonight. It was great. It was hard determining which band was better. They looked a lot older but they sure could still rock!! I was disappointed that Styx did not play Lorelei, but they hit the rest of my favorites. The only name I remembered from those days long ago was Tommy Shaw.

Dean bought us dinner at Outback before the concert and it was there we heard the owner had sponsored the concert here in Phoenix. Before the concert, they held an auction for the Hurricane victims and raised over $500,000, so they said. Too bad the Outback owner announced the band would be up soon, because he called REO Speedwagon, Rio. "Rio Speedwagon will be up soon", like it was a word. Okay, so who can tell me what REO stands for? No cheating!!

Days to Shelby's Wedding: 252
Days to Tiffany's Wedding: 211

3 comments:

X's and O's said...

Ummm...okay I even tried to cheat...but Ryan found the answer. Ransom Eli Olds. I suck at searching the internet! Good job posting by the way!!

SuzieQ said...

Good job you guys!! REO Speedwagon took its name from the Reo Speed-Wagon, a truck manufactured by the REO automobile company. ("R.E.O." are initials of the company's founder, Ransom Eli Olds, who also lent his name to the Oldsmobile division of General Motors.) The name was suggested to fellow bandmates by keyboard player Neal Doughty, who learned about the truck in a history of transportation class at the University of Illinois in Champaign, Illinois. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REO_Speedwagon)

CrazyUncle said...

I would have guessed it came from band member initials. Whew! I'm glad S&R cheated. Nor did I know a single one of the songs names in the post. Probably I am forgetting due to my advanced age.