Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Book In a Bag


Well, Kaylin is preparing for her first oral book report today. She has read the book and choosen her 6 key items that are important to the story and written the sentences to go with them. Now she needs a physical object for each of the items to put in a bag for the day she presents to the class. She must read the sentence as she pulls the item from the bag. Well, she read Black Beauty. Need I say more? Actually, she choose really great items: horse, reins, saddle, whip, oats, and carriage. Luckily, we had some oats!! So, off we went to the basic "where do we buy junk" stores with no luck! So at the (expensive) Hobby Bench store in Paradise Valley Mall, we got all the items except the oats and the whip. We bought some stuff to make a whip from the hobby store and it turned out great with some rawhide, a dowel and electrical tape. She also painted a little white horse with black paint and added a white mark on its face and one white leg (sock). I was wishing her teacher had given other choices for book reports. I think she could have thrown together a great PowerPoint presentation!!

3 comments:

CrazyUncle said...

Saddle, whip, carriage! Wow! That must be one honking big bag. And maybe that wasn't a real horse, huh? So, next time, KS, choose a book which allows for cheaper and smaller bag items. Maybe Willie Wonka or something. And SS, at least she is reading quality books, right? So, suck it up, buy whatever it takes to help her get an A, and keep finding great books for her to read.

X's and O's said...

What???? No more panoramas? Come on, those were AWESOME!! I got new shoes just so I could use the box for my projects!! KS doesn't need new shoes, but I do, so I will take one for the team and you can get a size 8 box for her next book project!

SuzieQ said...

Dang. What are those things called...not panoramas, um...shoot. It's on the tip of my tongue. Stereo-scopes, no....dioramas! Yep, I actually saved shoe boxes for about 4 years now, remembering how hard it was to have one when SAS needed it for school. We really did have to buy shoes to get the box!! The teacher says she isn't going to be pushing those like they used to!