If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. -- Winnie the Pooh
Total Pageviews
Sunday, November 20, 2005
To a Degree
Well, it is done. Two and a half years of school at nights and on weekends and and yesterday I completed my Master of Science in Computer Information Systems (MSCIS) at the University of Phoenix. Don't let them fool you. It is a LOT of work. Making time for home and work in addition to the class load was only possible because of the love and support of my family. When I started, KRS was only six years old and now she is almost nine! SAS was still at home and in High School and now she is out on her own, nearly a Junior in college and her wedding is only 186 days away! Where did the time go? I have strong feelings of loss or nastalgia in that I have missed out on some events and happenings in my childrens lives because I was too busy. I am glad I did it, that I took the time to get my degree, but I can't help feeling like life slipped past me during that time. The sense of relief is slow in coming and I still feel a little shocky. Now I should have time to get my house and finances in order and get KRS into sports and help SAS plan for the wedding. I also should have time to get to the gym and spend some quality time with JDS. A lot of things took backseat to homework!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You didn't miss anything! I think a lot has changed and in our own ways we are all feeling a little nostalgic about the way life was a few years ago. Times change whether we're ready or not, but it's almost always for the best. We are all very proud of you for getting your degree, and we all know that it was a lot harder and more stressful than you let on. Keep your chin up...the holidays are here! Time to decorate and be jolly. Call me if you plan on cooking dinner now that you don't have to do homework every night...I do miss that!! We love you!! And Congratulations!!!!!
So, it looks like Shelby misses homework. What a weird kid.
Like she said, don't let the central portion of your lower jaw fall too low.
Post a Comment