Total Pageviews

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year and Happy 9th B-Day Kaylin!!

New Year's Eve morning I was down at work for a planned shutdown of the computers to install a power supply. Boy, was that tough, being a short timer and all. Then we headed to bowling with the Morrison's. I was scheduled to help out with the shutdown of the computers at the Malaysia site, so at about 8 pm I had to leave the bowling alley and head home to work. I got done pretty quickly and was able to join everyone around 10:00 PM back at the Morrison's for a movie: The 40 Year Old Virgin. We stayed up through the new year and I cracked a bottle of champange that no one but me enjoyed. This morning I put away all of the Christmas decorations in the house so we can try switching the rooms around...dining on the East and living room on the West. We think it will work better.

Kaylin had to go to school today. This is the first time she has been at school on her birthday, so I think that was good. I offered to take her for a manicure after I picked her up, but she said she would rather go to the bookstore and use some of her Christmas Gift Certificate money, so off we went. Janet and Ryan came by with gifts and well wishes as did Grandma Terri and Shelby. Her big party will be on Saturday, when we go horseback riding and have 7 other 9 years for a sleepover!!!

2 comments:

CrazyUncle said...

Happy Birthday, Kaylin. I had saved the notice from her birth online all these years, but lost it when I was let go. Oh well.

On New Year's Eve, we busted open a can of decaffeinated Diet Dr. Pepper and went crazy. I am still feeling the effects. And we watched...wait for it...40-Year-Old Virgin (unrated version). OK, I gave up at 2am and went to bed, but some stayed up and saw it all.

SuzieQ said...

I think I still have that announcement somewhere. I also keep a newspaper from the 2nd of January every year. I just thought it might be interesting to her to look back at them in the years to come.

We watched the movie late too late because we were watching Anger Management on TV. Finally, we started it around 11 PM and we too were up until 2 AM. Of course, the movie was over about 1 AM, but we had to drive home (without drinking). I am pretty proud of the fact I stayed up that late at my age.