Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 02, 2006

BFL - As a Team?

Well, I shared BFL with my team yesterday since the topic of fitness came up. I pointed them to my favorite BFL support website, http://www.hussman.org/fitness. Each time I read the information at that site, I gain a better understanding of what different types of food do to you and why exercise is so important. I think I am insulin resistant, which means I need to pump out more insulin to get the glucose or sugar out of my bloodstream. Then my body has excess levels of insulin hanging around and as long as there is insulin, fat buring stops. Hum. That is bad, right!? Now, here is another kicker...if you have not exerted yourself doing exercise or something to use your glucose stores in your muscles, any glucose you introduce to your system GOES STRAIGHT TO YOUR FAT CELLS!! So, the insulin first replaces the glucose stores in your muscles and then stores the rest in your fat. So, the very worst thing you can do on a lazy day is to wolf down that ice cream or candy bar. Hum...sounds like a major lifestyle adjustment!

Anyway, I am hoping my team will kind of try it too and maybe we can all keep each other on track. At least that is my thought....

1 comment:

CrazyUncle said...

No worries for me. Today, I jumped to a conclusion and ran my mouth off in a meeting. I skipped another meeting and raced my mind to find an excuse. I gotta rest now and have a Snickers.