Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Fall Leaves?

I read today that the leaves are turning colors up north. Maybe we should take a trip up to see if I can learn how to take a good picture. I am thinking about a day trip next weekend. I think I am off duty for work, so it might be doable. If I go, I will post some photos here. As soon as I am done with my Masters Degree, I plan to take a couple photography classes.

2 comments:

CrazyUncle said...

Good idea about going up into the high country for fall photos. Try panoramas. Try catching the gold of aspens lit up by the sun, from both the front side and backlit. Try to find reds, which are a little more scarce here in AZ than New England. Ansel Adams often had no sky showing in his aspen photos because then he could burn and dodge them into the picture he visualized in his mind. Take a look at http://www.twbookmark.com/features/anseladams/image3.html.

X's and O's said...

Ansel Adams also shot in black and white and with the luxury of a red lens (very expensive but worth it)! I have, supposedly, a black and white camera waiting for me at my Grandma's house...we should go shooting together! Practice with your digital, but don't forget the old-fashioned camera. When ever I find time to get my studio set up, I will show you how to print your own photos and you can play around with that. You need the negatives though, so obviously digital doesn't work for that!! Let me know about the photo classes too, I'd love to take some more!