Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Kaylin's Party

Well, I completed all the planning, invitations and decorating and the party was going great until the pinata...more on that later. The "theme" for the decorations was THE DOG and we had dog stuff everywhere. Paw print ballons and dog bone cups, dog bone confetti, cookies shaped like dog food in little dog bowls, little dog house boxes with a stuffed dog, bouncy ball, dog shaped sucker, and dog stickers, plus a dog photo cake! We also had a dog bone shaped pinata. The color theme was blue and green and we had dog stickers and dog paws prints on every wall (see picture). It was a Blue's Clues nightmare if you were looking for clues! Anyway, it looked cute and cost too much, but you only turn 9 once!!


Shelby took 4 girls in her vehicle and I took 3 in mine to Cave Creek to horseback ride. Kaylin rode Bingo, up front behind the main guide and Shelby "brought up the rear" with Tiny, the largest horse I have ever seen!



It was an hour of great riding and learning about the desert. I think a few girls were nervous, but it was fun. After the ride, they spent a while visiting with all of the animals that live at Spur Cross Stable. Each girl was presented a horeshoe to take home with them, too.










When we got back to the house we had cake and ice cream and sang Happy Birthday.
Kaylin opened presents and then they just played for a while until it was pinata time. Then we cooked dogs and burgers for dinner. At bedtime they picked a movie and settled in to Shelby's old room to watch a movie. At that time, Jim told the girls that a little boy Johnny had died in our basement before we bought the house and that he comes at night as a bright light! Yep, they were up until 3 AM!!! Jim was sleeping. I was not.

Okay. The stupid Pinata!! The party maker or the party ruiner?!! The party ruiner! It was small and came with 2 bags: one with candy and one with toys. I stuffed it with the 2 bags and it jiggled around inside. The girls beat it so hard that all the toys and candy inside shattered...and what was not shattered, pretty much died when it hit the concrete below the pinata. Kaylin broke it and she kept hitting it thinking there was more inside and when I told her it was empty, all the stuff that survived had already been grabbed. The comments heard through the evening were "the worst pinata EVER...." etc. At least they all came together and pooled the few prizes and divided them equally. They were good girls...mostly as they headed out the door at 10 am!

2 comments:

CrazyUncle said...

One year, we had a slumber party...well, Kathie did...while I was gone on a business trip. At the time, we had torn out the kitchen floor for replacement and not finished before I had to leave. Also, we had pulled out the sliding glass door and put in French doors. OK, we tried, but the delivered door was the wrong size. So we set the old doors up but had pulled out the hardware so they would not slide or lock. Yeah, she still remembers how much fun that was.

No pinata disasters, though.

SuzieQ said...

CU,

No photo criticing today?