If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. -- Winnie the Pooh
Total Pageviews
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Ode to Patches
We "lost" Patches this weekend. She was getting sicker and we could not figure out what was wrong with her. We had separated her from Zoe a few weeks ago, but since it looked like she was going to pass, I let them spend some time together. Jim found a special spot near Lily to bury her. I am just glad she is not suffering now. She used to be so full of energy, popcorning around the cage, squealling for me to giver her food when she heard me coming up the stairs. She will be missed. (picture to follow)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Any animal that is "popcorning" around anything should not be kept in a domestic environment. We have a dog that "oatmeals" around our house. Doesn't that sound better?
FYI:
Popcorning
Popcorning is a wonderful sight to see. Its usually baby guinea pigs that do it, but adult guinea pigs can also popcorn, they just don't jump as high because they are heavier. A popcorning guinea pig will run-around and jump into the air, land on all fours, quickly turning in another direction and repeat the jump. This lovely action means your guinea pigs is extremely happy.
Post a Comment