Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rocky Mountain High

Here are some shots from my training trip to Denver. These are not what I would say are "good". but more my favorites from the perspecitve of what I observed while on the 16th Street Mall, where I spent most of my time when not in class or sleeping. I seem to have a birght blur in the center of most of my shits - maybe I need a poarizing filter or to have my camera cleaned...or maybe it was from the moisture in the air. Most likely it is photographer error.

The enitre 16th Street Mall is paved with tile as are the sidewalks. There are trees and planeters all down the street...and in the street. Only the shuttle buses run the course. No cars come down the street.















At one end of the street is the capital and other offical looking buildings. At the other end is Union Station (no picts).















The center of town is cut by Broadway - like our Central.



















There are old buildings sourounded by new skyscrapers. The old buildings have been refurbished and serve other purposes now, but there are some signs of their former role in the community.












A hotel was fronted by these dancing sculptures. I figured there must be a Center for the Arts near by, but did not see it. I guess this is like the horse sculpture in front of the hotel in Scottsdale.
















There was an open-air shopping mall that I entered that had big round "paper" lanterns all over. Too bad I didn't capture a good shot of it.

.
Pretty flower beds in front of a large banking building.


Another blurry shot. But I liked the view. The only thing I thought of at the end of the trip is I should have gotten a shot of the Starbuck's. There was one - I kid you not - on EVERY corner of the 16 Block long mall.

1 comment:

CrazyUncle said...

I think you DO have something wrong with the camera. You might have it investigated, or send it in if you have a warranty.

Thanks for those Denver shots. It looks like a nice area.